Ring 1 9am Ponies. Judge Louise Munro
Class 1: Pony condition and turnout, in hand or ridden. Ridden ponies must be 4 or over, in hand any age. Kindly sponsored by Achramore Shetland Pony Stud.
Class 2: In hand pony any age, any type. Kindly sponsored by Katy Poett in memory of Harviestoun Saphire
Class 3. Lead Rein and first ridden pony. First riddens will not be required to canter but can if they want. Riders to be 12 years old and under. Class will be split if sufficient entries. Kindly Sponsored by Sharon Gordon
Class 4. Novice ridden pony open to all ponies 4 and over any type. True novice ponies only. Will only be required to walk and trot.
Class 5. Novice Rider. Open to all ponies 4 and over, rider to be true novice. Walk and trot only. Kindly sponsored by Isobel Morris
Class 6. Ridden pony. Open to ponies any type, 4 and over. Riders any age. Kindly sponsored by Forth Valley Vets
Class 7. Pony Club Pony. Ponies 4 and over, riders 25 and under. Will be required to do a short show and jump a small crosspole. May be on lead rein. Kindly sponsored by Rachel Galloway
Fun Classes to follow pony Classes in ring 1. Judge Dionne Shaw
Class 22. Best 6 legs in hand.
Class 23. Young Handlers. Handlers 16 and under, horses/ponies any age. Kindly sponsored by Isobel Morris
Class 24. Best Colour and Markings. Open to all horses and ponies any age and any colours and markings, not just piebald and skewbald. In hand or ridden, ridden must be 4 or over. Kindly sponsored by Gillian Sarrou.
Class 25. Best mane and tail. In hand or ridden. Open to all ponies/horses any age and type. Ridden must be 4 or over.
Class 26. Family horse/pony. To be ridden by two riders of different generations one at a time. Required to walk and trot, canter optional. Kindly sponsored by A&A Clipping Services
Class 27. Fancy dress horse/pony. Can be in hand or ridden. Riding hats must be worn for anyone 16 and under and by all who are mounted.
Class 28. BEST RESCUE OR RECOVERY STORY. Open to any horse/pony that has been rescued or overcome illness or injury. This class is free to enter but stories and pictures must be emailed to [email protected] before midnight on the 31st of July for consideration. You can enter in hand or ridden on the day but will only be required to walk and trot round. A rosette will be given to all participants in this class. Special prize to the winner.
CHAMPIONSHIP FOR ALL 1ST AND 2ND PLACES IN CLASSES 2-7
Ring 2 9am Judge Evelyn Reid
Class 8. Horse condition and turnout, in hand or ridden. Ridden horses must be 4 or over, in hand any age. Kindly sponsored by Barbara Maddox, Longriggs, Coalsnaughton
Class 9. In hand horse. Any age, any type. Kindly sponsored by the Cotton House
Class 10. Novice ridden horse open to all horses 4 and over any type. True novice horses only. Will only be required to walk and trot. Kindly sponsored by Louise Munro.
Class 11. Novice rider. Open to all horses 4 and over, rider to be true novice. Walk and trot only.
Class 12. Ridden horse. Open to horses any type, 4 and over. Riders any age. Kindly sponsored by Evelyn Reid in memory of Strong Command.
Class 13. Riding Club Horse. Horses 4 and over. Will be required to do a short show and jump a small crosspole.
CHAMPIONSHIP FOR 1ST AND 2ND PLACES IN CLASSES 9-13
Ring 3 Jumping
9am-10.30am – Clear round jumping
Class 14. Horse/pony and hound. Small Cross poles. Jump 6 fences horse/pony and rider then run round again with your dog. Timed. Best time wins. 3seconds added to time for any knockdowns. Lead reins included. Rosettes for horses/ponies and also for the dogs! Kindly Sponsored by Mucky Paws Groom Room.
Class 15. 40cm novice. Pony/horse and rider combination never to have won a first in any showjumping. If you jump clear, you will be required to do a jump off.
Class 16. Scurry. Jumps no bigger than 60cm. One round, fastest time wins. Kindly sponsored by Powertek.
Class 17. Pairs class. Jumps no bigger than 65cm. One rider jumps then passes crop to second rider who jumps same round. Timed, fasted time wins.
Class 18. Chase me Charlie. Starts at 60cm and goes up each round. Person who jumps highest wins. Separate rosettes for ponies and horses. Kindly sponsored by JBP Transport.
Ring 4. Working Hunter Judge Mr Jonathan Bagg
9.30am All Classes kindly sponsored by Glenbrae Riding Club
Class 19. 30cm Wobblies. Open to ponies and horses over 4 years old. Riders may be on lead rein.
Class 20. Mixed Height Pony Working Hunter.
12hh and under 40cm, 12.1hh- 13hh 50cm, 13.1hh-14hh 60cm, 14.1-14.2hh 65cm
Class 21. Horse Working Hunter 70cm.
CHAMPIONSHIP FOR 1ST AND 2ND PLACES IN CLASSES 19-21
ALL CHAMPIONS AND RESERVE CHAMPIONS TO COMPETE IN THE FIRST AVAILABLE RING.
Click here to edit text
(£8 per class/£10 on the day)
Medical Cover £2 per rider/handler
I agree to abide by the rules of Glenfoot Show (signed, over 16s)______________________
Rules of Glenfoot Show:
1. The judges? decision is final.
2. Any formal complaints can be lodged in writing with the secretary along with a £20 fee within 30mins of the class finishing. The fee will only be returned if the complaint is upheld.
3. Organisers reserve the right to refuse entries, and split or amalgamate classes where required.
4. Although all efforts have been made, some classes may clash. It is up to the competitor to decide which classes to compete in if this occurs. The judges will not hold up classes to wait for competitors.
5. It is the judges? decision whether or not to let a late competitor into the ring after the gate is closed.
6. All competitors must be correctly attired and wear a hard hat which meets current safety standard PAS015 at all times when mounted. Under 16s must wear a hard hat when showing in hand.
7. Dogs must be kept on a lead.
8. The organisers of Glenfoot show accept no liability for loss, damage or accident to property or persons regardless of cause.
9. All kickers and stallions must wear the appropriate ribbons in their tails.
10. Riders must not exceed a trot outside of the show rings except in designated warm up areas.
11. Any horses or riders/handlers deemed to be behaving inappropriately will be asked to leave.
12. Novice ridden pony, novice ridden horse and Wobblies working hunter classes are for TRUE novice combinations only. If the combination has won a ridden class or a jumping/working hunter class then you may not enter these classes.
13. Entry money for classes withdrawn by the competitor will NOT be refunded, but classes entered and paid for may be swapped for another class.
14. Please note that there will be no entries on the day this year unless you have pre-entered at least one class this is due to limited parking. Also note that entries cannot be accepted without payment and that some classes may not be able to be entered on the day if entry numbers are very high.
PLEASE FILL OUT YOUR ENTRY FORMS AND SEND WITH THE APPROPRIATE FEE TO CARRIE SCOBBIE, SKYTHORN, SHANNOCKHILL FARM, COALSNAUGHTON FK13 6LY. PLEASE MAKE CHEQUES OUT TO CARRIE SCOBBIE NOT GLENFOOT SHOW AS THE SHOW DOES NOT HAVE A SEPARATE ACCOUNT THANKS!